Sunday, May 3, 2009

Movie Reviews: one man's look into anothers man's heart

It's been raining on and off for what seems like the past 3 years in Brooklyn so I decided to go and surprise my gf at school at take her out. Here's a recap of our date and a review of 2 of the 12 movies I watched yesterday as I slowly rotted away...



The date-After picking up my gf from Bushwick middle school, she swiped me in on her student metro card and we headed to time square for a day date. We started off the date as I would any date, and headed straight to Michael Jordan's steak house located in the heart of NYC at grand Central station. Like a gentlemen I ordered for the two of us while she was in the lobby trying to win some bear or a stuffed toad in the claw machine, but was shot down when upon her return she informed me she's allergic to shell fish which left me with two orders of the slam dunk crab cakes. Ultimately, I stole her some big novelty pretzel outside the theatre after we dine and dashed the hell out of MJ's steak house.

The slam dunk crab cakes were really good.










Film 1: Tyson- Going into this movie I knew only that this was about boxing and some guy, and by those standards it was a success. A roller coaster of emotions, Tyson will have you both laughing and laughing harder while others in the theatre are crying. I recommend you sit in the middle of the theatre as to get a good view of the entire screen, and to be sure you get your snacks well before show time. There is a heartfelt scene towards the end of the film that showcases home videos of Tyson lovingly playing with his children, which completely convinced me of this face tattooed mans sanity. I give the film 3 stars, one star for staying true to the streets, another star for keeping it real and yet another star for its sex appeal. One star was taken away though because I stepped in gum.










Film 2: Ernest goes to Africa- I watched this film with big expectations after seeing Ernest goes to camp and Ernest goes to Halloween and was tragically let down. A shadow of what he was, Ernest threw his whole career away with his school yard antics and his lust for adventure. This film explores a man's journey to Africa through the eyes of a mad man, tons of new friends and enemies are met on the way too. The final film in the beloved Ernest P. Worrel series will leave you wanting more but you can't. He died shortly after the making of this film, of what I believe to be a broken heart. 1997 was not a good year for Ernest, so I'll just pretend this movie never happaned.



RIP Ernest P. Worrell

No comments:

Post a Comment