Monday, April 6, 2009

BEHIND THE PARTY-making a sinner out of a saint


Meet 21 yr old George Perez, an average Boulder, Co college student living on the edge. "I do what I want and right now I want to Party"? explains George. We got the tip on young Georgie from concerned family members and close personal friends. "He's a loose cannon" says Ryan Simpson, a sophomore at C.U. in Boulder. "I'm worried about what's gonna happen to him when he finally go's too far, and unfortunately that could be soon" says Simpson. George briefly described how he got into the local party scene. "I was just a natural" George says with a smile going across his olive colored face skin. "When the shirts are off, I'm on".


Perez diving right into a bottle of Tequila from his native Mexico

George quickly replaced studying and church volunteer work with habits that were alittle darker. "drinking, skateboarding on school nights, cigs...I did it all man". Friends and family seemed baffled to recall how this could have happened. "I don't know what I did wrong" says George's mother Martha Perez. "My main concern is that Georgie is going to end up in a ditch somewhere, somewhere that's not his room".



1.Perez calmly puffs on a cigarette, ignoring numerous heath risks that can occur from smoking. 2. An intoxicated Perez falls to his back while trying to ride his beloved skateboard at a local park.

"Drinking is like an escape for me" explains Perez, "if I don't stop now though I may not have a place to sleep". "He is going to stop this nonsense at once and come home and be a good boy" explains M. Perez. "I'm not gonna have my boy acting like some woman of the night, if he doesn't shape up he's grounded"! Scared of losing his room and video game privileges, George agrees to end binge partying. "I miss wakeing up at the crack of noon and looking forward to a day of good clean fun. I miss my guitar". George, a self proclaimed indy acoustic art genius, has been playing the guitar for about two months and doesn't see stopping anytime soon. "If I have to quit partying with the partygay guys then so be it, I can't stop writing songs that make me happy". "It's the parties and floozies or the guitar and rollerboard" Martha says sternly, "I'm not kidding".


1. George, still hungover from the night prior strums gently at his guitar while he covers Aerosmiths "jaded". 2. George's heart felt plea for help had friend Mike Katz, and everybody else attending, choked up.

Will George straighten his path and fly right? Or will he end up like every other 21 year old boy
drinking PBR's at the local "dive" bar. One thing is for sure, this beautiful angel is not gonna be forgotten anytime soon by relatives and family friends. "I miss the old George, the George that would pick me up from school sober" says Josh Perez, George's younger brother. "In the end it's gonna be ok, even if I have to beat it out him" says Martha lovingly. Shine on you crazy diamond, shine on.

No comments:

Post a Comment